Black Deck Pointers

You must be logged in if you wish to post to the forum.

OPnightwing51214 2 years ago

Hello fellow digi-destined!

So I'm a relatively new player to the Digimon TCG and I've just finished creating the first draft of the deck that I hope, is going to kick ass at a local weekly tournament. It's a black deck that primarily draws upon reboot and blocker effects to defeat opponents. If any of y'all could take a look and give me some pointers/advice on it, I'd be super grateful!

Here's the link to the deck: https://digimoncard.io/deck/black-reboot-blocker-deck-5289

Thank you guys!

quinn 2 years ago

I gave some advice on the deck page, but if you'd like recomendations on what to cut and what to keep i can go into detail here if you like.
i'll start from the top and work my way down.

Toy Agumon BT2-055: keep, has a good inherited effect that is in line with what you want to do with the deck.
Commandramon BT5-061 / Agumon ST5-03: cut, i find that most lv 3 blockers to be underwelming they don't have the staying power needed to block multible digimon and they tend to just be a stalling tactic when they are used
ToyAgumon ST5-04: keep and get another, again good inherited that makes you're opponit want to keep swinging even if you have blockers.
Greymon BT2-057: cut, you already have blackgaogamon wich is this card but higher dp and only cost more when you play from hand.
Sealsdramon BT4-067: toss up, this digimon is the standard blocker you'll see this dp/cost ratio in the best blockers of other colours but you're black witch means that this is the base line to compair every other blocker to. If it can't beat this card for blocker then what are you using it for.
Mekanorimon BT5-062:cut, this is a defence machine (pun not intended) but it's also a one trick pony, it dose one thing great but you're not going to kill your opponit with it.
BlackGaogamon BT5-064: keep, see greaymon.
Shademon BT5-065: Keep, the fact that you have a posiblity to just get him for free makes him worth the drawbacks.
WaruMonzaemon BT5-066: cut, this is a level 4 mascerading as a level 5 with no real benifits
BlackMachGaogamon BT5-068: keep get 4 of, this is exactly what you want for reboot, good card and good inhereted to build off of
Volcanomon BT6-062: cut, not a bad card but not realy what you're going for with you're deck.
MetalGreymon ST5-09: cut, for a level 5 it's not bad but i don't think it's doing enough to realy synergize with you're deck
Megadramon ST5-11: keep, it's just good
Craniamon BT3-075: keep, this is exactly what you want for your defence
MetalGarurumon BT-070: keep, this is what you want for your agressive option
PileVolcamon BT6-066:  cut, it's good but you have better stuff that works with your deck more like Metalgarurumon
Gankoomon BT6-067: cut, not realy what your deck is going for
Omnimon alter-S BT3-112 / Omnimon Zwart BT5-087: I would defanatly cut one maybe both, because neather are doing what your deck is trying to do

i'm tired and i've been typing too long if you want the options/trainers/eggs let me know but this is going on for too long.

quinn 2 years ago

also you can just ignore all this if you like, it's your deck. don't let me make it my deck.